View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:21 AM
nwpensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post
Pens,
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try to be a little clearer here. I think that in the big picture alignment itself has little to do with what happens to Coyotes. In other words, I don't think the league would sell to Seattle BECAUSE it makes alignment easier. I think other, higher $$ factors, will actually sway the decision.

My post is more about "how do we read between the lines, and use the alignment as a way to guess what will happen." And, my answer to that is:

1) Let's assume it's PHX>>SEA, and all the owners know it. Then, this alignment makes sense.

or

2) Let's assume it's PHX>>QUE, and all the the owners know it. Maybe the ETZ owners, knowing that QUE is going to be an ETZ team (again, not BECAUSE of realignment, but rather the way everyone responds to it) are trying to get theirs while they can. This also makes sense. It would be a reasonable response to push for realignment NOW in this case. If I were a Western owner, it would make no difference to me now or later (again, assuming I know PHX>>QUE).

or

3) Let's assume no one knows anything. Then, I think the reason for doing the alignment now is that Winnipeg shouldn't be in the SE, and the schedule maker wants to get going. And, since PHX might just be in PHX again (we don't know anything, remember), we'll do it now. This also makes sense.

So, conclusion: I can't use the realignment process as any clue to the Coyotes' situation. It's interesting, but it is inconclusive in and of itself.
I cannot argue with your conclusion because we really don't know and your reasons make sense.

I do know that the realignment process increased my belief that the possibility for Seattle was greater now than before. I have trouble understanding how QC followers can view it as a positive for them. My honest opinion.

Thank you for clarification.