Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
I think HFboard subforums give you the wrong impression. KHL gets decent coverage in NA, expecially when it comes to Canadian related things. Its not a negative view with the average Canadian fan at all, just lack of information. Obviously there are Don Cherry types, but what people say on these boards is not representative of anything. I havent heard a negative thing yet from any major Canadian analyst about the KHL.(guys like McKenzie, Dreger etc.)
The KHL has its own ecosystem and people respect that for the most part. There are no hard feelings, and when guys like Giroux sign with KHL teams people understand. Its nice to see hockey expand as a sport in general.
I listen to major sports radio stations in Toronto on my drive to work and some of the stuff they blabber about khl is very borderline and certainly offensive. KHL is the principal bad guy for NHL.
Not only are these "journalists" clueless, they are also offensive.

There have been talks from amongst local Russian amateur teams to complain about some of the stereotypical remarks that these journalists find funny time and again.

Anyway it's really nothing new