View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 01:07 AM
nik jr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
Maybe I'm just going off the last few years of Homer's time with Detroit, but this is some ********. Homer was a giveaway machine. Sure he occasionally put the puck on Dats stick but he was a terrible passer. His only redeeming quality was that he was willing to battle in front of the net and was good at deflecting pucks. He was a TERRIBLE, I repeat, TERRIBLE stick handler.

Nobody is going to be amazing in front of the net and on the boards without years of practice. Abby needs time to adjust to being in that type of role. As far as I can tell, that's exactly why he's playing on that line; he's Homer's replacement.
you're thinking of homer in his last years. he was very hard working, good on the boards and a good passer, though only over short and moderate distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I really hope Bertuzzi gets healthy so we can go back to complaining about his production on Datsyuk's line. Beating up on Abby just doesn't feel as fun, ya know? Dude never even came close to a scoring title.
bertuzzi was very solid with datsyuk and franzen last season until datsyuk got injured. that was one of the best lines in the NHL when datsyuk was healthy. bertuzzi was also good with datsyuk and filppula this season. he certainly has a lot more skill than abdelkader (shooting, passing, puckhandling), and is also bigger and stronger on the puck.

nik jr is online now   Reply With Quote