View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 02:20 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Those are his strengths but the dude just broke "smoke break" Fitch's record for time spent in the octagon without a finish. Its not like he doesn't have the skill..hes just not going to risk losing control of the fight.
What skill does he posses that he hasn't been showing? Standup? He's not powerful enough to outright knock dudes out, and guys like Condit and Diaz are no bums either, yet he still manages to put up huge significant strikes against his opponents. Submissions? GSP is almost always actively looking for a sub, once again, how easy are guys like Diaz and Condit to tap out?.. I'm sorry but like I said, wrestling and a smothering top game is his bread and butter, if he ever gets the real opening to finish the fight I'm sure he will. But I'm sure he's content with working his game. Like others have said, it's not all on him either, all his opponents know exactly what to expect and none of them can stop it still. He's just good at what he does, even though it may not be the most exciting aspect of mma.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote