View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 02:43 AM
knorthern knight

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Ya, decided lack of urgency. From what I can understand, Beacon Sports has in fact been retained to craft an RFP (Request For Proposals) pursuant to the Lease for the building, one with the franchise, the other without, and that that wont be completed until sometime in April. Then, youve got about 45 days to deal with whomever, negotiate & deal. Then, lets say you come to an agreement, whomever, X, Y or Z Buyer, well, they then have to sort the purchase price out with the NHL which should be going on on a parallel track to tendering an offer pursuant to the RFP, however, in the dysfunction swirling around this unholy mess I wouldnt bet on any of them actually, y'know, multi-tasking?
I believe that the NHL has several more years available of one-year-at-a-time unilateral arena lease extensions. A previous COG council signed off on it, and the new one could not revoke it, short of bankruptcy. There is no AMF attached to the to the lease extensions, but if the NHL is desparate enough for a location to park the Coyotes...