View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Tampa GM

vCash: 500
Thank you and all the best!

I joined this league back in 1998 and today its time to step down as a GM for Tampa Bay Lightning. I had a great time during the last 15 years and I wish everyone all the best in the future. I will still check the boards from time to time and make sure Tampa Bay wins the cup soon .

Biggest memories? Drafting Daniel Sedin 1st overall back in 99, drafting Alexander Edler, Tobias Enström and Johan Franzén who all could be consider my biggest steals.
Believe it or not but one playoff I was ONE goal from reaching the Cup Finals, that was when I had Hossa on fire in the playoffs. Hossa was my biggest free agent I got when I signed him to a max contracts a few years ago. All draft and trade talk.

What do I regret? I had four first rounders back in 99 and ended up with Sedin and not much else. I should have traded my three other picks to get Henrik, why I didnt do that is a question I will never be able to get the answer to. Other regrets? Signing Pierre Turgeon and Jose Theodore to more money then they deserve.

Biggest question now is who will draft all the MODO players in the future? We have Robert Hägg defenseman who is a first rounder this summer among others.

Once again, thank you for the memories for the past 15 years, all the best in the future and GO Lightnings!

Tampa GM is offline   Reply With Quote