View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
JagerPuck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
I voted yes and after reading some more comments after making my first I have a few points Id like to bring up to further my stance for this team to "tank."

-Strike shortened season will forever be in the history books with an asterik, there will be no asterik after Seth Jones' name. The draft is stocked to the gills with top-tier talent.

-A top 5 pick of Drouin/MacKinnon/Nichushkin/Zadorov/Barkov would go a LONG way to adding some depth to the prospect pool and could have an immpediate NHL impact even if we dont land Jones. Draft another Center/Best available and you can move Cousins, Laughton or even Courturier for a #1 Defenseman during Free Agency.

-While I absolutely distain the Penguins tanking in the 80's and 00's I dont feel as if the Flyers will ever truly "tank" in the same manner, consecutively.

-I personally do not think Claude was given ample time to rehab his wrists after them being broken by Sidney last year.

-To touch further on CURRENT roster issues starting at the beginning of the season; They never signed a backup goaltender, leaving Bryz to basically start all 48 games this season. Now, while I feel he should earn that 5M+ annual contract but having to spell him with Leighton and Boucher is downright criminal. Signing Fedotenko, Gervais, Foster were reactionary signings because Holmgren knew he was in trouble this year with the lack of prospect and talent depth.

I guess I expected this season from the Flyers so I found myself not too shocked when they started to drop back to back games every week. I feel as if the team has been bamboozled by the allure of prospects now at the NHL level. They cant make up their collective mind as to what sort of player they need to draft in the later rounds and it makes the first 3 rounds, when they actually have draft picks, all the more important.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote