View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 08:04 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
This has been a great run, I hope it continues. AS far as JK and JD goes, how do you reconcile the team performance versus the challenges again?

We have to win around 5 or so games above .500 the rest of the way to have a shot, at all. The only team within striking distance ATM is SJ. If the top teams continue this pace, 5 games over .500 would only put us in position to take out SJ.

We basically have to win out at home (6-0 or 5-0-1), with a possible OT loss to the Ducks, and finish .500 on the road to have a chance. That is tall order. We are 3-8-1 on the road.

We are set up nicely if we can survive 2 against both the Ducks and Blues, as we face SJ twice.

We look in a better position than we are, when you consider the schedule. But having said that, I didn't think we would be 7-0-4 in our last 11 games either. That is taking care of things at home. 9-4-5 at home is a worthy record for a 6-8 seed.

I guess what I am saying is that, I'm not sure there is a good answer on what we should be doing. The next 5 games will be very interesting. If we are going to prove we can take this game on the road, that Canadian trip is the place to do it. If we stumble, the decision is made for us.

My opinion. If we take 7 of 8 points (3-1-1) in that Canadian trip, as well as beat Calgary, on Friday, we look at trying to find an inexpensive forward rental to add to the depth of the team and maybe spark something like Vermette or JW did. If for no other reason to show the players you are behind them.

We should always have our ear to the ground on a d for forward swap.

Last edited by blahblah: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 AM.