View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 08:15 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
As mentioned, the young Fs - Wilson and Bork look certainly solid 2nd liners with more room for growth. Looking forward to the last 12 home games to see where Smith goes from here; just as soon see him playing wing on one of the top lines because I think in Trotz's system we want him to have creative freedom and Cs don't get that.

The D; has played about as I expected, and given Gill has been out and we've been forced to play Hannan top pair and 2nd pair mins, that's a real positive. Looking for someone outta' our "puck movers" to step up and start making the big/reliable outlet passes, but we've certainly improved on the little chip and move around the board game. Klein - turning out to be a bargain and a solid professional defenseman.

Richie Clune. How can you not like his enthusiasm and work ethic. Not sure he's around beyond this year - depending on how many of those kids we're willing to roll next year - or how many vets we might actually move at the deadline - but I would happily have him over Toots or Smitty or the true knuckle-draggers we've had as 12/13/14 Fs. He may not be a huge contributor ever, but you can't help but enjoy watching a guy like that work hard and give it all on the ice day-in day-out; you'd hope that would rub off on some.

and.... you never want your team to struggle, but if ever there was a year to do so.... it's a deep draft, and while I would argue any team in the west except COL would make the POs in the East it may not be so bad to have a pick in the 7-11 range rather than the high teens.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote