View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
While I agree Pete would be "better" with a different partner, they really are the kinda' broadcast team that works great in Nashville and on TV. On TV we can all see the play, so when they "drift" it's not terrible. They bring a wealth of knowledge and communicate it well to new and developing fans. Terry is also "real" hockey - he has history, success, been involved at every level in developed and developing markets - he's authentic and a "legitimate" presence.

They're accessible to the fans - and that's still important to us here growing the fan base. Pete can talk ANY sport knowledgeably - and that's huge interacting with new fans who can't talk hockey very deeply yet.

For the more "experienced" fan, focus on the radio pair - we can listen to them during TV games if we want, they have to be good over the air. I only hear them on Willy's after-game show so I really can't say if they call a good game or not, but I might give them a spin for a few games just outta' curiosity.

P&T - for all their faults - still MUCH better than at least half the broadcast pairs out there, and as good or better than a lot of the other half, too.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote