Old
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post

no but really, i agree with your post. spot on. anyone throwing in the towel at this point is out of their mind

No, I don't miss him yet. We just need to play our best D and stop trying to have a D that scores but can't because our forwards won't. Move the puck fine, skate the puck out of our zone fine, going into the corners without someone covering high not fine. Going in behind the net while 3 other forwards are there VERY NOT FINE.

If it were up to me I'd be dressing Fayne and Tallinder asap and benching Zids and Harrold. This team cannot focus on offense if we're giving up 2 on 1 breaks every other shift.

Salvador-Fayne
Volchenkov-Greene
Tallinder-Larsson

That's what I'd run with. The only guy not on his forehand side of the ice is Greene and he has the speed to skate it out of trouble. No hi risk low reward offense, but I don't care. I just want stability and the comfort to run a hard forecheck and grind out goals and man up on the posts in our own zone. Keep letting the cement hands fire shots in to the pile in front of the net and bury those rebounds. Old fashioned hockey, Eddie Shore style.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.