View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats incredibly vague.

Im not so sure I can complain about the last 2 games. The transition game has been much, much better and the team actually has speed going through the neutral zone.
I'm not complaining about the last 2 games. Transition game was much better and the team was more aggressive about driving to the net with the puck. But guess what that resulted in...more chances for the other team. So we have to pick our poison. You can't look at team offense and team defense in vacuums. Both systems impact each other.

Tort's mantra is to keep the puck as far away from the Rangers net as possible. That means getting the puck below the goal line in the offensive zone. It's why you see our best players more often then not dump and chase on an even break. It's why you so very rarely see a Ranger pass the puck backwards in the neutral zone. Just get it deep and go from there. Torts would rather forego an offensive rush to prevent the possibility of a rush the other way.

But it's not like we have Guy Hebert and Igor Ulanov on the back-end. And I think Lundqvist actually plays better, is more focused, and is more motivated when he's getting chanced. So I don't think it would necessarily hurt the team's chances if things open up a bit more.

Last edited by Crease: 03-20-2013 at 08:55 AM.