View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Theokritos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
So is Anderson Silva less of a champion because his boss chooses who he thinks his best opponent would be?
I had to look the guy up and I don't know anything about mixed martial arts or whatever it is, so I don't pretend I know a lot about this topic. But generally speaking: his boss chooses the next opponent? Sounds like a circus to me, like WWE, and not like a legitime way to determine a champion.

Quote:
Is the Ryder Cup not a legitimate competition because the players are invited to play as opposed to having to qualify?
It's a nice exhibition-like tournament, but not a legitime world championship.

Quote:
Let's not even talk about the Spengler Cup, it sure draws a lot of fans in Europe for an illegitimate competition that Europeans would never embrace, period.
The Spengler Cup is a nice exhibition tournament, but no one considers it a legitime European club championship. This example once again shows that you don't understand the point that I and others have made in this thread.

Quote:
How about how players are selected for national hockey teams? To make the teams legitimate shouldn't there be some sort of qualification process, just inviting them based on who thinks the best players are doesn't seem right, does it?
What does team selection have to do with the structure of a tournament? Sorry to repeat myself, but this argument of yours again highlights that your "common sense" is not what is common in Europe.

Quote:
The truth is every team who had a snowballs chance in **ll of winning or even finishing in the top 3 of the Canada Cups was there, so saying the results are somehow not legitimate is just a load made up by sore losers.
I never said that the results of the Canada Cup are not legitimate. All I have said is that the Canada Cup was not a legitime World Championship/World Cup like the Soccer World Cup is. Which is in line with what the OP himself posted, he only wanted to know why that is.

Quote:
I'm sorry but most of your reply was just arguing the sky is not blue and I didn't see much worth discussing it further.
Funny, I read your replies and get the same impression from you. Not much worth discussing anymore.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote