View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ellis also looked really good in his final year in the CHL, so we'll see how it goes for Dietz (and Thrower as I really don't see how he isn't a pro next year) as it's very hard to guess how any prospect is going to handle the jump from the CHL to the AHL.

I also hope they find a way to get a vet like Henry, I thought St-Denis would be better then he's been this year though (that can be said for many of the Dogs players, which seems like a trend to me) But at the same time, I don't know how they will manage to do so even if Nygren stays in the SEL and Bennett doesn't turn pro. But we'll see if anthing goes down at the trade deadline or in the off-season as we now have some D prospects that might be of interest to other teams trying to rebuild.

I don't know what they will do with Stejskal but before I would have said he's gone for sure, now not so sure as he has improved a lot. I really liked him at Dartmouth as he was a hitting machine but as a pro it's like he forgot how to take the body (likely didn't have confidence to do so) but of late he's been more physical and looks more relaxed out there. If we didn't have so many D prospects slated for Hamilton next year I would say he may have done enough to get a contract in the off-season as extra depth but depending on how things go on the trade front, it's going to be tight for him as there is likely going to be very little room on Hamilton's blueline next season.
Which of our prospect D can we switch to forward? Thrower?