View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I don't think they trade PRV unless its a package for huge upgrade on the blueline (Pieterangelo, Staal, Bogosian, Subban types). Hard to decide if he's going to be another Mats Lindgren or a Mikael Samuelsson. Detroit always had it right with their young Euros..... let them play and develop at their own pace and don't force them into a top 6 role until they're ready. Look at the Sedins (23), Franzen (26), Holmstrom (24), Naslund (22) even Datsyuk (24) and Hudler (24) ..... they seem to take a HUGE leap development wise around that 22-24 years of age.... same as Gagner? Coincidence? Probably not. We're looking for big bodies that can skate, isn't that exactly what PRV is? He may never be an intimidating power forward, but his speed open up ice for others, he's starting to battle harder in the corners, he's responsible defensively.... I think he's a perfect fit for 2 or 3 line.
I agree with basically everything you write here but mostly I am concerned with his upcoming contract. How much can we afford to pay him, how much is he worth? Especially considering that we will have some holes in the defense that need to be filled over the summer, RNH and Schultz next year and then Yakupov in two years.

If he continues like this I think it will come down to a judgement call where we have to weigh his importance to the team and his salary against the possible returns we could get for him in a trade. There are some big "if's" in this situation, but I can honestly say that I am not at all sure of what the outcome of that kind of judgement call will be.

Last edited by LaGu: 03-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.