View Single Post
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
vCash: 50
Weber, Rinne, Josi, Klein, Ellis, Wilson, Bork, Smith, Horny - not going anywhere at trade deadline. Leggy and Erat and Fish all have contracts that keep them here, I believe, but I think any of them would make good pieces to move if they'd waive their NTC/NMCs. Goose/Gill if they healthy might bring decent return and definitely should be available.

the rest - I doubt Barkley is going anywhere because I don't think we want to go into next year with only 5 dmen and Gill being one of them; would require Poile to go get a proven guy and with our pipeline coming we'd end up with a Hannan caretaker signing at best. beyond that, any of them could go for picks, but I'm not sure we got the horses to bring more than a mid-level pick; we need Blum and SK to have some really good games this homestand.

I could see off-season deals with guy like Smith or Horny or even Ellis (depending how the rest of D shakes out) but I don't see those making sense at the deadline.

All of this speculation is moot - we're gonna' win these next 4 at home and look like we're still competitive, just not enough to acquire a long-term asset, but enough not to dump.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote