Thread: Post Game Talk: We Made Dat Avalanche | Hawks 5 - Avs 2
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
Any reason why Seabs usually plays on the right side on the PP while Keith is on the left? Wouldn't it benefit more if they switched places so that they could quicker get one-timers off?

You will see the more creative PP’s do the switch of their point men during puck possession. You’re right, it can be very effective. Hawks should incorporate that into their system. Forget Sharp at the point, though he’s probably better there than Keith at getting the puck through traffic (which is baffling considering Keith’s skating ability, he should be perfect at moving laterally to find a hole). I don’t mind Seabs there so much, but I’d like to see Leddy get more PP time. Hammer and Oduya as well.

BTW… I sat down and watched the 3rd period last night. Great job of shut down by the Hawks (mainly via puck possession). Avs were thoroughly frustrated. The 4th line was very responsible defensively. After being okay in the first 2 periods, Bickell stepped it up in the 3rd …and had a solid period ... and what a snipe by Toews. I wish he’d use his shot more often.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote