View Single Post
03-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Buffy is Back
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
It's possible he'll stay, but I'm not even sure Nonis is going to be the GM past this season. Right now I see him as very much an interim/caretaker.

It would make very little sense to be unhappy with the results the hockey organization produced and then fire Burke while leaving everything else that produced those aforementioned results intact. No sense at all, actually.

I'm sure Bellgers will want to hire their own guy as President, who will probably want his own GM, and so on. That's the way these things typically work.
I disagree with the bold, but agree with the part below that.

Burke made two mistakes here as GM.

1) Kessel Trade - You replace Kessel with Seguin/Knight/Hamilton, and you have an an excellent rebuilt core group. Decent up front, Seguin/Kadri/Frattin/JvR/Colborne/Biggs/Ross/Ashton/Knight and very good on the blue line, Rielly/Hamilton/Gardiner/Finn/Percy/Blacker/Holzer, with a good enough goalie tandem Riemer/Scrivens. That trade changes A LOT of things on this team.
2) Wilson not being fired - Wilson ruined Beauchemin, we saw this when he returned to Anaheim, he ruined Schenn for us and Komisarek, his system is terrible on big steady d-men who aren't very mobile.

You take away those two moves, we're a similair team now with a much better future, and a much less frustrated fan base

Nonis we've heard, was against the Kessel deal. We also heard he wanted to bring in Dallas Eakins sooner.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote