View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

vCash: 500
Since I cant watch games here, I'm relegated to watching the 1994 disc set and some Itunes downloads from the 80s and 90s.

It's amazing how skilled the Rangers lower lines used to be. And I'm just talking making tape-to-tape passes and hitting the net. Sad how what used to be a basic play like completing a pass is now a huge deal.

I dont care what defensive system the opponent employs. Speed through the neutral zone with accurrate passes will shred almost any trap/lock/zone.

Some of these trade proposals in favor of trading gaborik are just mind numbing.

A team that lack skill should somehow trade that skill -- All-NHL skill -- for guys like Mike Fisher and Darren Helm?

Gaborik is still a superstar. He's less than one season removed from a postseason all-star team, and he had offseason surgery. I'll hedge my bets with the pure skill guys any day of the week in todays NHL.

The post-Dynasty Canadians were notorious for trading away superstars or scorers because they struggled for a season in that Market. And people wonder why theyve only made the CF once in the last 20 years.