View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
While the game is playing, especially at the game, but even on TV, I can see that a player or a team is doing things right or wrong. Positioning, break-out speed, crispness of passes, goalies rebound control etc all point to the level of effort today. I need look at no stats, or the breakdown post-game to know that Boyle is better than Braun. Jumbo is better (or worse today) than Galliardi etc...
I find the dynamics, during the action, of the evolving levels of compete to be completely absorbable and when I'm leaning in my chair as a Shark D-man chips a puck off the boards trying to clear and an O-man pinches it to stay in, that he failed. I guess all those thing in real time are what make the game good.
Gotta love SHARKS hockey, both the good and the bad.

Sometimes being a peasant is a relief!
You can tell little things, but do you keep track of who starts in the defensive zone? Which matchups the coaches are trying to get? Who's carrying the puck into the zone the most, and who has the most controlled entries? Who likes to dump and chase?

Obviously, you can tell that Joe Thornton is better than TJ Galiardi. No duh. But that is extremely, extremely shallow analysis. You can tell (sometimes) who had a good game, who had a bad game. You can remember little things that stick out in your mind. But trying to have a good analysis on the game while you're watching it just ruins the game. And I need a good analysis.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote