View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
You can never have too many defensemen in the system because so many fail and if one leaves, that's 16.67% of your defense, whereas if a forward leaves that's 8.33% of them. The rule is to always build from the inside out: goal, defense, centers, wingers.

Without McIlrath being drafted in 2010, we'd be mired in a blue line shortage for the next several years.

P.S. Sign Klassen.
MCI by himself does not assure us anything yet. And stop assuming he's just gonna fit right in with no problems. Just like DelZ, McD, and Girardi all have right?

Right now I think we are rather on the thin side defensively outside the big club. That could change but its still too soon to tell. I'd be alot happier about this teams prospects if we saw true depth at Center, something I've rarely seen watching 33 years of Ranger hockey. Lindberg, who we didn't draft, aquired via trade, is doing his part, think we lucked out. Next up would be defensive depth, a situation where we don't have to worry about one guy going down with a puck in the eye or even worse a season ender and not have any capable bodies to play more than low level duty.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 03-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.