View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM
silvercanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
i think the "fallacy" is coming from your own words ... "There is nothing holding the NHL to PHX right now. They could pack the team up and move them into the Colisee tomorrow ..."

sounds an awful lot like mid-season to me.

had you intended to say, 'prior to this season beginning' or 'after the 2011-12 season had ended', that would have been different.

oh, and edit to add: who is to say that the team hasn't already been sold? and that relocation plans are already actively underway?
Do we really need to get into semantics and straw-man arguments? I said "March of 2012". How much clearer do I need to be? March of 2012 was before the end of last season. They had the entire summer to move the team. Quebecor very likely announced the arena and NHL upgrades to the Colisee at that time so that they could take the Coyotes for this season.

As far as the league having a secret deal in place with an outside group to move the team that just isnt happening. There are numerous parties known to be discussing the sale of the team with the league and the city of Glendale. If a secret deal were in place the NHL would open itself up to lot of litigation.