View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Primakov!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They're all terrible options and no better than what the Kings currently have. They're depth defensemen who serve no purpose in being regularly in a lineup. Adding any of the aforementioned would be a move just for the sake of adding a healthy body, which the Kings don't need to make right now. Pass.
Those players being depth caliber defenseman is exactly the point, and at no point did I ever say they'd be regulars in the lineup. The move isn't for the situation at hand now, but for the stretch run when you can't make any more transactions past the trade deadline.

If you don't agree that's fine, but the point I was trying to make was that if an injury hits and there's no Mitchell or Greene available then you'd be turning to youngsters like Andrew Campbell or one of the other Manchester players during the playoffs.

Ideally you'd want someone with *some* NHL experience to be able to turn to in an emergency situation rather than throwing a rookie out there who may or may not be ready. My concern was that you could potentially be throwing a prospect out there to get exposed and burned, which is unfair, or be putting them in for so few minutes that it throws off the other pairings as the coaches skip around him and make mish-mash pairings on the fly.