View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
I'm just curious, I'm looking at a high end build at the end of this year and was wondering about the memory. How important is the memory speed on it? I see 16GB at 1833Mhz for about $110. Then I see the 2400Mhz version for about $150. 2800Mhz gets ridiculously priced. Is it really worth the extra money when I'm primarily using the machine for gaming or is it something used for marketing purposes to try to get more money out of you. Also, 16GB should be more than enough for anything gaming related right? I don't do much with demanding software outside of gaming and my current 8GB seems to do just fine. I was looking at 2 8GB sticks so I have the option to go to 32GB if I wanted to.

Also, sticking to the memory theme, how important is memory on a video card? GTX 680s for example only cost about $50-100 more for a jump from 2GB to 4GB.

I've looked elsewhere and from what I've seen on the regular RAM, you probably won't notice a difference and I get mixed thoughts about video card memory. I'm wondering how true most of that is.