View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Avs first round pick Joey Hishon played his first game in 22 months last night. He was concussed in the 2011 Memorial Cup.

Quote:
Hishon first underwent treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. It wasn't until he began seeing Dr. Ted Carrick at his Life University lab in Atlanta that he started to feel better.

Carrick, a former chiropractor who has pioneered treatments of brain injuries using a "whole body gyroscope," was credited with developing treatments that helped heal the concussion of NHL star Sidney Crosby.

"I saw Dr. Carrick this summer, and since then things have completely turned around," Hishon said. "It's been so, so much better. I've got to give so much credit to him and his staff. But there are also just so many other people who have helped me along the way, I can't even begin to mention. But Dr. Carrick has a lot of different techniques for different eye movements and putting you in the gyroscope — that thing that spins you around like a roller-coaster. It activates parts of your brain while shutting off other parts. It really gives you a kick-start. It was amazing for me."
Read more: Former Avs first-round pick Joey Hishon to play first game in nearly two years - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...#ixzz2O6yCkP7m

Have the Rangers sent Sauer to Dr.Carrick? 22 months would be October 2013 for Sauer.