View Single Post
Old
08-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
The planning is realistic...

and nobody's penciled in Dawes; at the same time, few are betting against him because thus far, everybody's lost those bets. Not signing Rucinsky assured competition in a few areas. Ruca's a left winger. Straka was signed and Shanahan was signed. That left one position for Ruca, third line left winger, likely with not much PP time. With Ruca on the team, it leaves little room for Prucha, who's more part of the future than Ruca, to play his natural left wing position. There's also decent competition on the right side.

What I'm trying to say is that if Dawes, Moore, and other young players do not pan-out, there still a solid top 8 or 9 forwards on this team. That's the plan, and it's realistic.

Personally, I think a team of Giontas would out-hustle and out-hit and out-score a team of Rucsinkys; further, they'd show up to a fair amount more games. I like the Ruca we saw up until his injury; didn't think much of the one I saw after that though (and the Rangers record with him in the lineup oddly enough was worse than when he was out and when Prucha took his place).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote