View Single Post
03-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Don't stare at it...
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
The notion that either don't make a good pairing simply because they are offensive minded is non sense.

Neither will crush someone through the boards, but both can move the puck really well and they are very mobile, therefore can cover each other well enough.

The reason why I brought up last year was to prove that he has played in that position, with both Franson and Liles, so it's not like he's thrown with someone that he hasn't played with.

But since you are so focused about tonight and onward, Franson and Fraser have been a good tandem and breaking them wasn't an option. Then you have Gunnarsson or Gardiner to play with Phaneuf. One is just coming back from the AHL, the other can be considered a veteran at this point.

With 4 defenseman that can be considered offensive oriented --- Phaneuf, Franson, Liles and Gardiner, you are bound to have 2 paired together.

So I think right now it's just a matter of getting Gardiner back in the lineup without having to play 25 minutes while paired with Phaneuf, and face the top opposition from the other team --- aka Team Stamkos.

Give him time to get back to his NHL form before causing a scene.
I said Liles with Phaneuf, not Gardiner. I said Gardiner on the 2nd pairing, with Gunnar is fine to me (it gives him less TOI as well, which I think he needs).