View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
ferrisUML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
This is where I get lost with today's game. The idea of protecting a lead. I guess its the idea that a tie gets you a point so even if you blow a lead as long as you tie its ok so going into a defensive shell is ok.

BS!

You know the best way to protect a lead?

Add to it!

Show me a coach that wants to attack every minute his team is not on the PK no matter what the score and I will show you a winning coach.

Its the same adage used in football "All the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning"
So your not familiar with the Devils, Coyotes, Predators or St. Louis? Three out of four of those teams are inferior to us talent-wise, yet their coach is getting more out of them because they all buy into a system designed to depend less on shear talent, but capitalize on opponent mistakes. Its defensively responsible hockey designed to induce turnovers and odd man rushes and thats exactly what we should play when up a goal (or more) in the third.

Stop with the aggressive forecheck crap when playing with a lead. The outlet pass doesn't need to be disrupted cause it just less bodies down ice. You need more bodies in the neutral and defensive zone, not less.

Another thing, the whole team is far too low in the d-zone. No one was anywhere near Gonchar when he scored on the go ahead.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote