View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
HOOats

vCash: 500
Armia is great to watch, esp. imagining how his game will translate eventually. At times he looked like Vanek, protecting the puck, refreshing cycles and slinging pucks toward the net. Other times he looked Ennis-like strangely enough. The 3-man dangle today reminded me of Ennis dancing around kids in his Medicine Hat film. Shows he's thinking a step ahead of the rest and has the hands/confidence to pull it off. I'm sure there are danglers with more size around the NHL who would be a more apt comparison, just can't think.

Defensive play in SM-Liga seemed strange. Guys were either clumsily barreling in to each other on near-interference plays or just letting guys go instead of continuing to hound them. Didn't pass the eye-test.

Ullmark is locked in a 0-0 game entering OT right now. He's quite impressive, seems quick for a guy with good/ideal size. Anyone know how his performance compares to other young SEL keepers recently? I'd take odds that he starts at least one game for the Sabres in the future...