View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
nexttothemoon
10 again

vCash: 733
It's hard not to see the Blue Jackets as a playoff team... they are working their ***** off every game and basically playing playoff hockey now just to crawl up the standings.

Honestly, unless they burn out, I don't see them missing. That's got to be a pretty hungry team as well with something to prove after so many years of crap.

That leaves teams like the Canucks, Red Wings and Sharks as the "catchables" for a 7th/8th spot.

All 3 of those teams seem to be clubs ready for a playoff miss since they have had great regular season success for so many years. Is there the same level of "hunger" there as some of the other wannabes? I think at least one of those 3 will miss the big show and leave the door open for a team like the Oilers/Stars to creep up into a playoff spot.

I thought the Avs would be doing better after getting healthy bodies back and I figured they'd be making a run for 8th... but it looks like they are trying to lock up that basement spot with the way they are playing. Maybe sit out O'Reilly again.

It's really a crapshoot these last 20 games no matter what the math and odds say. It obviously all comes down to the teams that want it bad enough.

Any team from 3rd to 15th can still make it or miss depending on cold/hot steaks but I'd give the edge to the Wild, LA and the Blues for 3,4,5 and then it's pretty much wide open for 6,7,8 imo.