View Single Post
03-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd imagine Kreider will see time on the 3rd line.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hags - Steps - Cally
Kreider - Boyle - Miller
Pyatt - Halpern - Powe

Not much more to it. One guy up, one guy down.
This exactly. As much as you guys don't like Boyle that third line makes sense. A defensively responsible center with two rookie wings. Boyle has looked better lately, if Kreider can come in with confidence that can be a good third line.

Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I don't understand this move. I thought Torts hated Kreider and by bringing him back up he's going to ruin him...
I saw some quotes in the paper today from Torts saying he got a bunch of really good reports on Kreider's game the past few weeks. Specifically the last 3-4 games he said he was getting very good reports about Kreider. I know people think it's a personal thing with Torts against Kreider, but I really think he wants to bring Kreider along well, he knows he is an important prospect. He played well in the playoffs but his stint here early this season, he was obviously playing tentative and scared- looking to get rid of the puck when he had space, taking 20 second shifts, basically playing not to make mistakes instead of playing his game. If Kreider can come in here with confidence and build on his strong play in CT then I think a third line of Kreider-Boyle-Miller has great potential.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote