Old
03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
I agree ChadS.

Telling Nyquist he will have to take a bus out there and sleep on it, and learn to live rough etc etc.

I agree. It is not at all needed. Grab your chance? With what 9 minutes tonight until Eaves comes back?

He shouldn't be saying things like this to the media.

I have a feeling this is what they have told BOTH Nyquist and Tatar:

"Well done Tatar. You will have a good place on this team next year. We would also like you to enjoy a playoff run in Grand Rapids this year. And next year you will have a "real good" chance to make the team full-time."

"Nyquist, you have done a great job in Grand Rapids. We will use you as a call up for injuries this year. All we want you to do is fill in this year. Play as safe as possible, we need the wins. Next year, we will use you in a more offensive role and you will have a "real good" chance to make the team full-time."
And do you think either Tatar or Nyquist believe a word of it? Like I have said before you should listen to the interviews where they come back during their first games. The one last night with Gus and the one with Tatar a couple weeks ago had a different tone, even if they said a lot of the right things, the frustration was leaping out. The confusion and basically lack of trust was there and it is alarming.

They still dream of Red Wings, but are getting much closer to dreaming of just being NHL players we are close to breaking them and that will hurt us even if they do stick around when negotiations hit.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote