View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 04:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Your right actually both Filppula and Staffords career numbers are about the same In 6 years Filppula Is averaging 39 points a year with Detroit and Stafford Is averaging 41 points a year with Buffalo Stafford has about 20 more goals then Filppula Staffords best year Is 52 points and Filppulas 66 points. Yeah Stafford make a little we but more then Franzen Franzen make $3.95 million a year and Stafford make $4.0 million a year we shall see. I'm sure the Wings can do much better though.
Wasn't comparing him to Filppula though. He is a streaky goal scorer that is big but doesn't always play as big as people want. When he gets hot he can carry a team and be completely unstoppable. Just think he is very similar to the Mule, actually part of the reason I like Stafford is for 4 million he is a guy that can flat out take you places when he is on and that is rare. But I just don't think this ends well, he will become a favorite target in these parts.

Will say this he has one of the better senses of humor in hockey, the Detroit media would love this guy.