View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Speaking of all of this, I had myself convinced on what I wanted the Bears to do in the first two rounds this year:

1) Draft Warmack or Cooper if either falls to us. (I think there's a 1% chance Warmack will, but a decent chance Cooper will).

2) If that doesn't happen, Trade down

3) If we don't have Trade Down offers, then draft Tavon Austin if he's there (slim chance)

4) Take Arthur Brown in the 1st.

Arthur Brown is a bit of a reach in the first, he would be better taken near the end of the 1st if we end up trading down, but he isn't that big of a reach there. Still, I'd MUCH rather see this team take Cooper because our interior line needs an upgrade BAD. We have ****** guards and an old Center. If we manage to land Cooper, then I would LOVE for us to take Khaseem Greene (who should be available in the 2nd). He would EASILY replace Roach this year, and would be Briggs's eventual replacement. Really solid pick. Then in the 4th, if we can get lucky enough to get Schwenke C/G, that would just be icing on the cake.

Think about it:

1st: OG Jonathan Cooper
2nd: 4-3 OLB Khaseem Greene
4th: C/G Brian Schwenke

Those are 2 immediate starters (probably 3) with Schwenke being Garza's replacement. I would kill for that draft.

This is another reason I think we still have a chance to sign Urlacher. We could benefit from him one more year, and get his replacement in next years draft.