View Single Post
03-20-2013, 05:53 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I was thinking exactly this. But I'm not understanding this. Why is tonight a gigantic game, by this reference point weren't the whole weeks games gigantic games?

Its going to take a little effort from this team to get me excited about any alleged playoff push.
It is nice that the games mean something.
Well, 2 things I think. 1 part of it would be confidence. As much as the match doesn't change all that much for the rest of the year (we are going to need ~26 pts from these last 20 games), a loss and you're possibly 5-6 points out at the end of the night. Win (and a DAL loss) and you now hold the 8th spot. Having played sports competitively (admittedly never near a pro level), actually holding 8th after the game tonight could "flick a switch" in some people. Being 5-6 out might feel insurmountable. Being in 8th means you are now in a playoff position (temporary as it may be). I really believe that it would have a positive impact on the team.

And the other thing, if we are still in it next week (which a win tonight would help with tremendously), then we are unlikely to be sellers at the deadline. I think if management starts selling, it will send a clear signal to everyone on the team, and we'll likely be subjected to more crap like that 3rd period against the Wings as opposed to the first 2.