View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
strutsboa

vCash: 500
I've always been a huge hockey fan, but for some reason I didn't have any favorite team in the NHL as a kid.

This wouldn't change until I was 18 years old and I won a fantasy hockey league against 55 000 teams back home in Sweden, where the prize was a trip to Montreal/Ottawa to watch Ottawa-Montreal (Scotiabank) and Montreal-Buffalo (Bell Centre). Going into the trip I didn't prefer any of the teams and in the prize I got to meet Alfredsson after the first game, where Ottawa beat Montreal 5-2. So honestly everything was made for me to be a Sens fan (yikes).

However, the total domination from the Habs fans in the Scotiabank (despite the clear loss), made me like Montreal. So for the next game I bought a Montreal jersey to feel at home in Bell Centre.

The game against the Sabres was simply amazing. It was the 79th game of the season and Montreal was fighting for the 8th seed. The Bell Centre was absolutely rocking and Montreal won with 4-3. My grandmother was from Finland and during my childhood she offered me $3 every time Sweden met Finland and I called her and said "I want Finland to win, Koivu is the best!".

So, when Saku Koivu scored a beautiful goal to make it 4-2 in the 3rd period and the stands were screaming "SAAAAAAAAAAKU", "SAAAAAAAAKU", "SAAAAAAAAAAKU", I knew Montreal was the team for me.

Ever since that game back in 07 I have watch pretty much every game (including pre-season), despite the fact that it's in the middle of the night with early school/work in the morning after. And my brother is also as sold for the Habs as I am.

Thank you to everyone who was at the games against Ottawa and Buffalo and helped me find the right team to support, since that day I have never ever doubted that Canadiens was the team for me.

Cheers!

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote