View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
ottsabrefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
It's all speculation, such is the reality of being a junior hockey fan. Most would have bet money that Scheifele wouldn't have been back this year. If Dalton Prout can come back as an overager, Alex Lepkowski can come back as an overager. I'm not guaranteeing any of them will be back. What I'm suggesting is that there is a decent chance that at least 2 of them do. If they don't, OAs are cheap to acquire at draft time...in fact, the Colts may be trying to improve those OA positions anyway even if Hall, Theoret and Lepkowski return...see the Cameron / Pither show from 2010.

P.S. - Who is expecting Hall to go in the 4th/5th round? I would think more like 7th...maybe stretching up to late 6th.
I agree that OA's are cheap to replace, but I don't think you will be able to get anyone the quality of Hall. And they will cost you something. I expect at least two of them to be gone if not all three. But for sure you can improve upon the two of them, just at a cost.

Based on Schiefele's performance at the WJC I don't think it was a surprise he was sent back. Before that I thought he was a goner, though.