View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Don't agree with that whatsoever. Pleks' vision on the ice is fantastic, very creative out there. Have you never noticed some of the great passes he makes when he's on his game? Unfortunately, guys like Gionta don't always bury them or else he'd have a lot more assists.
Plekanec is a well above average passer and possibly the smartest player on the team, but I find his game very direct and not creative. A lot if it is because of his own skill limitations, his hands can't quite keep up with his speed, but besides that, like I said, his game is very north-south and direct, he doesn't slow things down or set up plays the way Desharnais or sometimes Eller do. Plekanec is definitely a playmaker in his own right but his passes are the type that take advantage of an opportunity rather than construct them out of nothing, if you know what I mean.

It's one reason I miss having a decent playmaker on his wing, and why see Jagr there would have been something, Plek is at his best when he has someone he can pass back and forth with.