Thread: Proposal: Philly and Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
What's awful about it? It's not far off in value from the second package and Wiercioch is more in in the mould of a guy that Philly could really benefit from. Cowen has offensive potential, but not nearly at the level of a Wiercioch (who is just scratching the surface now). I'm not trying to give these players away, they're good and still have a ton of upside...I'm just thinking in terms of our needs vs. Philly's needs.

Simmonds/Voracek for Bishop + Cowen + 3rd 2013 is the highest I'd be willing to go. It's good value both ways IMO and Ottawa has more than enough defensive depth to lose Cowen and Bishop.
Bishop is the 3rd string compared to Lehner and Anderson. Wiercioch is just a rookie and hasn't proven all that much. And as you said, Cowen has potential, but nothing more as of right now. Voracek is an established top line winger. Simmonds is a top 6 winger as well, and both have proven more than all of those players combined. Plus, they have great contracts. Zero point for the Flyers to ever do this.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote