View Single Post
Old
08-03-2006, 07:07 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
I honestly think that the Devils and Rangers will only be seperated by about 5 points at the seasons end. Both teams have much skill. I'd give the edge to the Devils now, but depending on the cap situation that could all change.

Philly is getting better. They still have the big sluggish defense, who all teams in the Atlantic can out pace. But their offense and overwhelming physicality make up for it. And it seems as though they finally have a stable goaltending situation. If Forsberg is 100%, they could challenge both the Devils and the Rangers.

The Isles are the real wild card. The whole management situation is just really messy right now. Yashin doesn't give them much room to work with. I'll be honest, I really don't know too much about the Isles, but it should definately be an interesting situation to watch.

The Penguins will be much improved as well. Crosby has matured, and the addition of Malkin will be huge. But a sub-par defense and average goaltending will limit the Pens chances for at least a few more years. Expect another high draft pick.

And that's the Atlantic Division at a glance.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote