View Single Post
03-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Its A Kingspiracy !
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Love the post-game comment from Sutter on sending out the 5 players he did at the end of the game. That he was sending his 5 best players out there to defend the lead. Kopi wins the face-off, then they clear the zone and win the game.

What was great is that when I saw Kopi, Richards and Carter move to the face-off circle, I thought, this game is over. 3 forwards who can win face-offs, are defensively responsible and are good with their sticks. Couple that with our best shutdown pairing over the last few years and I felt pretty good about it. Little things like that are what I love about Sutter. Maybe other coaches would've sent out their shutdown line, but Sutter sends out the 3 best centers on the team at once.
I thought he started doing it around the 10 min mark in the 3rd when things were getting real interesting. Toffoli on the bench was the first start. I could totally see one of the Cryotes taking a run at the kid, and I think Sutter was protecting him. He went with the guys he knew could push back and could get the job done.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote