View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'm not sure I get this. By employing the personal he employs Torts is stopping Gaborik from scoring off the rush? Or by playing him on the wrong wing Torts is preventing Gabby from playing a creative game? The two fourth lines can grind while the top two lines play more creatively. I don't really agree with this assumption that Torts is telling skill guys not to play a skill game. He's seen Gabby play over the past few years - he knows that Gaborik can score and be a game breaking player off the rush. I really don't think he's dumb enough to suddenly insist that Gaborik not play that way at all. I think it's far more likely and far more logical that Gaborik has lost the edge off of his speed and his shot power and he's not playing an assertive game because of it.
I think you're taking a few of my points and combining them into one when they are separate entities. That is probably my fault from the way I worded that post.

Bolded part: Funny, because Gaborik scored 40 goals as a RW and now he's a LW who looks more and more uncomfortable every night, so that's weird.

I admitted to Gaborik playing a bit better on the left side as of late, yet I think that's more Nash's doing than Gaborik's ability to gain comfort on the left.

Kreider coming up is a start in eliminating the Rangers two fourth lines problem.