View Single Post
Old
08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I'm not so convinced.
Anyway Brière has better offensive skills and scoring touch but Koivu brings other intangibles that Brière doesent have.
People forget quickly.. Koivu never had real solid top 6 wingers material all his carreer long (Savage, Rucinsky, Bulis, Berezin to name few.. In fact the best winger he had was Zednik which one never had the natural skills to be considered a real first line winger) We have been one of the worst teams in the NHL up front in the last 10 years, Im still wondering how Koivu did to stay here that long without jumping the gun, each first line center in the NHL has at least one solid top 6 winger on his line, so Koivu had just no help at some point to generate some offense... Even despite having 0 help, Koivu still managed to have some good seasons and a couple of amazing playoffs... On another side, everyone is so excited about Briere who just had his first real good season/playoffs playing with Dumont and another solid winger as linemates...

I will admit Ive been desapointed with Koivu during the last season but it was his real bad one, everyone know when Koivu is at his best he is a special player.. Remember the serie against Boston when we were down 1-3 and we came back to kick Bruis's ***? Koivu was playing injured and still was the best player of both teams, he was flying on the ice.. Kovalev was amazing as well but Koivu was the real deal in the serie.

I just hope captain courage gets fully healthy one day, he so deserves it... Im effraid the cancer made his body tired..

One thing is sure, Koivu will have better wingers for the years to come, we are in great shape on the wings with our highly skilled kids growing and the add of Samsonov...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote