Old
03-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I would personally be against signing any of those guys with the exception of Clarkson and maybe Horton.

Clarkson is precisely what the Wings need - a hard-nosed shooter and puncher who will do what needs to be done. Horton has a lot of potential but the injury bug may have taken its toll.

I'd rather overpay Clarkson than Flip, to be sure. As I said, I like Flip a lot but the Wings have a lot of Flips and not enough Clarksons. If they're going to spend on a forward, better that it be a guy like Clarkson.

I still think the defense needs a reboot. Out with White, CC, probably Q. In with Dekeyser and at least one other guy that knows how to play defensive zone hockey.
With the forwards, I'm not overly for or against any of them. My first priority is seeing space for Nyquist, Tatar, and maybe Jarnkrok made for next year's team. After that, since I don't really see any of them as big difference makers, I'd be interested in the most cap friendly deal.

The one thing I can see shifting things is if Holland goes looking specifically for a center. With Helm's injury problems this year, and Datsyuk possibly leaving in a year, I wouldn't be surprised if we look to get a vet center to "stash" on the third line for a year, and to provide insurance as a top6 option for the first year or two if Datsyuk leaves.