View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
The problem is that he's shortening the bench in favor of putting guys like that on the ice more often, probably under the collective delusion of "veteran" responsibility.

The bench should be shortened in these sorts of situations, and guys like that should have earned themselves the honor of the shortening by now. In comparison to someone like Yakupov, who legitimately never saw the ice again after his best shift of the game.
The team lacks quality vets.

I'll agree that coaches like to have vets out in that situation - it's completely fair. And there's only so long you can go double-shifting Gagner and Horcoff without getting into a situation where you're triple-shifting them. With only 3C's, Smyth was bound to come into a situation where he was being double-shifted.

Horcoff played 24 minutes tonight, Gagner 23. Smyth at 14 - you can't just not have a center on the ice...those other 2 guys were bagged.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for Belanger to come back. I'd like to see him with Petrell/Brown and with Smyth on the bench.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote