View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
I'd like to see what Zanon and O'Brien could do in appropriate roles and after a good camp. O'Byrne has been unexpectedly worse than last year, and I don't think any of us saw him playing this poorly. The Market was poor last year and our young guys needed more time.

I'm not letting Sherman off the hook, but I do think the lockout and shortened pre-season as well as Sacco's insistence to play guys outside their realistic roles and pairings is contributing to the poor play.
Zanon isn't an NHLer and hasn't been for a while now. A full camp won't make any difference. O'Brien, maybe, but I'm still befuddled by that deal. Three years!? We all expected him to walk at season's end. I don't begrudge that deal so much as the fact that he went out and got Zanon when he already had ROB and SOB still strikes me as redundant pieces who not only don't complement each other, they make each other worse since guys like ROB and Zanon have no puck skill whatsoever.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't see O'Byrne's disastrous year coming, but Zanon's lack of ability doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me is that the organization hasn't done anything about it. In fact, he keeps getting top minutes!