View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
He was being screened by Whitney as well on the play - not an excuse, but definitely a factor.

And let's be honest, that was a shot with some zip on it. This wasn't some Horcoff/Smyth floater.
Whitney is the real person to blame for this mess in the first place. Considering the fact that under a lead with insurance he flipped the momentum I have to assess him as the root cause of the PP opportunity to begin with. A simple clear by either Fistric or Smyth on the third goal was nothing more than a minor league lesson they somehow managed to find a way to leave their goalie hanging with. Dubie assured us a point after these collective errors. Making some excellent saves to preserve the tie.

What I'm really trying to say despite the Whitney comment which was directed at his penalty and experience, is that it was a collective failure tonight where for whatever reason we were giving space to Shark attackers instead of aggressively closing the gap. Really bothersome to see guys like Couture and Marleau teeing up shots late in good shooting areas untouched shortly after we just blew a two goal lead. Did Krueger pull the TO card tonight because I must've missed it.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote