Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-3 in SO
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:22 AM
MettleOiler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Why is it all on him though? The entire team sags in the 3rd period, and he has to feel the brunt of it.

I'm going to postulate this question without knowing the answer to it - but how many leads have we blown in the 3rd period in games where teams get <8-9 shots in the 3rd period? My guess is not that many. Why? Because Dubnyk is pretty consistent as a goaltender - it's the play of our piss-poor defense and "sit back" mentality that result in more shots, more chances, and inevitably more goals.
The team sags because of the goals the Dubnyk let in. Your telling me that goalies can't alter the momentum of a team with a game changing save?
You remember Cujos Save in 97 that led to the Marchant goal to win game 7 OT in Dallas? The team fought to win games for Cujo, they had confidence in him.
This team lost confidence in their Goalie, no matter how consistent he is. He lets in one soft/bad goal, and you can visible see the team collectively let out a exasperated sigh.
Yes, its up to the team no matter what to keep on pressuring and fighting to win and yes we saw how they let up in the third but I believe very strongly that its linked to Dubnyk and those goals he let in. ]
I agree hes consistent but he's also consistent in letting soft/bad goals.
Everyone on this forums if they say it or not, knows that Dubnyk will let in one bad goal that will kill any momentum in almost every game.
Of all the players I want out, its Dubnyk. You can check all my posts, and this is the first game I am vehemently state my displeasure of this man.

MettleOiler is offline   Reply With Quote