Old
03-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
The team lacks quality vets.

I'll agree that coaches like to have vets out in that situation - it's completely fair. And there's only so long you can go double-shifting Gagner and Horcoff without getting into a situation where you're triple-shifting them. With only 3C's, Smyth was bound to come into a situation where he was being double-shifted.

Horcoff played 24 minutes tonight, Gagner 23. Smyth at 14 - you can't just not have a center on the ice...those other 2 guys were bagged.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for Belanger to come back. I'd like to see him with Petrell/Brown and with Smyth on the bench.
So you complain about RNH being out with "the sniffles" and then complain about Gagner and Horcoff being bagged because they play too much? Smyth is not an adequate 3C and an inadequate 4C or at least a barely passable one. If RNH was able to go you'd have to think that with us already being 1 C down that he would've given it a go, to insinuate that he sat this one out because of a measly cold is very insulting to a kid that has made the most of a frame that would keep most players out of the league in the first place.