View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Plural

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I like how in that picture Mario is still taller than anyone (except Lindros) despite not wearing skates.

I am going to have to say for a prime vs. prime thing the Kariya/Datsyuk comparison is going in favour of Kariya by a bit. He was just incredible in 1997. I remember thinking that either he or Lindros were going to take the mantle once Mario was gone. Datsyuk has never been the best player in the game but Kariya was a name that was brought up at least.

I think overall though the better career will go to Datsyuk. He is aging well and Kariya didnt. His defensive prowess will also make him a relevant fixture in the game for a while. Plus he's at least redeemed himself with some good Cup runs. Kariya never really had a good Cup run and was lousy in the playoffs.
Was Kariya really "lousy" in playoffs? I mean, he was a bit disappointing but it is not like he never really got good chance outside the 2003 final-run.

46 GP
39 P
16 G

Nothing special, but in that timeframe he got out from the first round twice. I know that this is something that could be held against him, but i believe playoffs to be heavily team influenced. He got one good chance and did not cash in then.

Plural is online now   Reply With Quote